Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Musings and Mullings

It was 'cold' today. Cold for Sydney that is; 19degrees. In Melbourne, this temperature is practically celebrated, especially during chilly Autumn months. But the clouds were moody and grey, and my mind was slowly persuaded into conforming to their tune. Hence, the illustrations of my thoughts in shades of black and white...

Sometimes it's like I exist in suspended motion. It's like, as I'm sitting there, talking to a person, I'm audibly listening to words that cling to the tone of my voice, at the very moment they are being extended out into the universe. Then I watch, I watch the person, or people, around me, waiting. Waiting, for their faces to crease and contort into shape and form, expression and reaction. Waiting, in what seems a moment frozen by the icicles of time. For a split, microscopic second, there is no sound. There is no judgement. There are no consequences. There is just me. Me, who seems to have drifted outside of my body, to listen to the sheer rhythm of the words.

The smell of popcorn makes me feel warm, then full of uncontainable exhilaration. It's like a drug. Who would have thought? Maybe Julia Child could relate to this. She was Queen B(utter) after all...
I love the processional walk through the corridors of the movie theatres. It's as though you are traveling through time, before gliding through the theatre doors, and floating onto a seat. The dark, effervescent atmosphere is laced with mystery, and hope, and wonder. The magic engulfs you, and sweeps you up on it's obliging carpeted ride, and takes you to a world where your dream are beautiful, possible aspirations; bursting with colour and life.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment